The Catholic Development Fund (CDF) was established by Cardinal Clancy in 1993. We are governed by our Charter and Rules and are administered by the Archbishop through an Advisory Board.
We exist solely for the benefit of the membership of the Archdiocese and other members of the Church community. We are a mechanism through which the Church community of Sydney can make the most of their financial resources and activities.
We are committed to:
- Maximising the use of Church funds by providing deposit and loans facilities to our Parishes, Schools, Religious Orders, Aged/Healthcare Entities and agencies of the Archdiocese;
- Managing the funds invested in the CDF prudently, ethically and profitably for the good of the wider Church;
- Endeavouring to provide a stable and equitable interest rate environment;
- Providing professional, helpful and personal service to our clients;
- Providing efficient and cost effective transactional services to our clients;
- Providing a surplus so that the charitable and pastoral works of the Archdiocese may continue; and
- Continuing to support the Mission of the Church in all aspects of our activities.
We operate on a “not for profit” basis whereby annual surpluses are distributed to:
- Parishes through a rebate on their CWF fund contributions, meeting the costs of the Parish Support Team and providing other forms of assistance;
- The Archdiocese for its Charitable and Pastoral Works; and
- The Reserves of the CDF to ensure its ongoing financial stability.